Two Is Better Than One
Did you know that having more than one can can reduce the possibility of aggression and other behavioral problems? That is just one of the many benefits of owning more than one cat. Below is a list of the reason why two is better than one.
• By having two or more cats, you are able to enjoy the true social nature of cats
and their relationship with each other.
• Cats that have a playmate tend to be more socially well-adjusted and avoid
behavior problems such as shyness, biting, hissing, being frightened and hiding
when in the company of people that they don't know.
• Cats need stimulation during the day. Studies show that animals left alone in the
house for most of the day, have brains that weigh up to 25% less than those that
live on the street.
• Cats are much less likely to gain weight due to lack of activity, and to suffer related illnesses.
• They are less likely to cause damage or ruin furniture out of boredom.
• If your schedule requires to spend long periods away, two or more cats will keep each other
company and they will remain more calm during your absence.
• If people end up bringing back an adopted cat due to behavior problems, most often
they adopted only one cat instead of two.
• Your cat will remain more playful and youthful into his or her later years with a companion.
As you can see, two cats are better than one.
Click here to return to the Owner Resources page